Fora, one of Ireland’s fastest-growing online business publications, is seeking an experienced journalist to fill the role of Deputy Editor.
The post requires an individual who is passionate about business and excited to help shape a fast-growing publication with a fresh view of the sector.
The successful candidate will be a creative and knowledgeable journalist who is hungry to write stories, features and interviews that are essential reading for Ireland’s entrepreneurial community.
They will be a talented editor who is keen to work closely with the editor and managing editor to develop the team and the product.
The role of Deputy Editor of Fora involves
- Producing strong business stories, features and interviews that are essential reading to a business audience.
- Taking the lead at the publication in the absence of the editor and helping to oversee the direction and development of the publication on a day-to-day basis.
- Contributing to overall editorial direction and ensuring consistency and quality of output from Fora.
- Playing a key role in managing, developing and motivating the team to deliver strong journalism.
- Contributing to the delivery of our daily and weekly newsletters.
The successful candidate will have
- A track record of managing staff, commissioning and editing business content
- At least 3 years’ experience in a national newsroom
- Experience in and passion for storytelling on digital platforms
- Strong contacts and knowledge of the business sector, with a track record of producing original story ideas and in-depth reports
- The ability to understand an audience needs and deliver content that best serves it
- Knowledge and experience of Ireland’s legal framework around defamation, publishing and copyright
How to apply
Candidates should send an up-to-date CV and cover letter expanding on their suitability for the role to [email protected], with the subject line, ‘Deputy Editor, Fora’.
Deadline for applications is close of business, Friday, November 22, 2019.
Journal Media Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.