Journal Media is looking for an experienced lead mobile developer who’s passionate about building amazing products.
About Journal Media
TheJournal.ie is our flagship publication and has become one of the main sources of news in Ireland. We reach over 430,000 readers across the country every day. We believe that we best serve the needs of our readers by marrying a world class development team with our talented editorial team of 40+ journalists. As a result, we’ve become a daily habit for the people of Ireland.
Journal Media is at the forefront of digital news publishing and as such we continually look to leverage uniquely digital forms of distribution. A focus on innovative tech solutions generates exciting projects for our development team and our developers are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
About the job
- Shaping and leading a brand new mobile development team for Journal Media
- Developing new features for and maintaining our existing Android and iOS mobile applications for TheJournal.ie and The42.
- Collaborating closely with our web development team to produce a consistent experience across platforms.
- Collaborating with our commercial and editorial teams to develop user-focused features
- You have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- You are highly proficient in Objective C or Java
- You've been developing apps for either Android or iOS for at least 5 years
- You have some experience developing apps for the other platform
- You have experience with and are comfortable publishing apps to the App Store or Google Play
- You enjoy coaching other developers in your areas of expertise
- You always strive to ensure a codebase is clean, scalable and secure
- You write automated tests as part of your development process
- You are an advocate for best practices within a team
- You can communicate technical decisions outside of the code through commit messages, pull requests and documentation
- You keep up-to-date with new technologies and techniques in software and mobile development
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on some of Ireland's most popular apps and a chance to make a significant contribution to the future success of the company.
- The chance to make a significant contribution to the future direction of our mobile development.
- Interesting and exciting projects, where developers are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- A fun, supportive and flexible working environment, with as much coffee and fruit as you need.
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- The best tools: MacBook Pro and Display.
- An attractive salary package.
Please apply to [email protected] with a CV and cover letter. Please provide links to previous apps, your GitHub account (if you have one) and any other relevant work you have produced.