ABOUT JOURNAL MEDIA
Journal Media Limited (TheJournal.ie, The42.ie, DailyEdge.ie, Fora.ie) is the largest mobile news platform in Ireland. We serve the needs of our readers by marrying a world class development team with a talented editorial team of 50+ journalists. This part time position is ideal for someone with strong competency in office IT Tech support looking to progress their career in a dynamic office environment.
About the Job
This role will involve taking ownership of our office IT infrastructure. You’ll be working with modern tools with a strong focus on high availability and automated redundancy. This is a permanent part time position.
- Networking infrastructure setup and maintenance
- Providing onsite desktop support for all Journal Media Ltd employees.
- Support for desktops, laptops, software, hardware, printers and other related equipment.
- Identifying and implementing appropriate changes to infrastructure and systems to improve performance, reliability, availability and service.
- Setting up user accounts and modifying permissions as required.
- Maintaining high troubleshooting and user support standards.
- Installing and troubleshooting all IT hardware and software.
- Removing performance bottlenecks from currently-deployed systems.
- Management of company assets.
- Determine proper escalation path for non-resolved issues.
- Meeting and Conference Room setup and maintenance.
- Assist with on-going projects in the infrastructure team.
- We use Puppet to manage our office infrastructure, you need to be familiar with this or similar technology.
- You must understand TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP and DNS well enough to debug common problems.
- You should have some experience with Git or other Version Control systems.
- Experience with Windows and Mac.
- Strong organisational and troubleshooting skills.
- Analytical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under direction.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive salary package
- Some flexibility in arranging and agreeing working hours.
- Opportunity to work on projects across a range of technologies.
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction.
- A great central Dublin location.
- A dynamic office environment with a team aiming to take a new approach to news.
If you have a github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new tech about which you're really excited, tell us all about it in your cover letter!