TheJournal.ie is looking for an experienced news reporter to work full-time at our Dublin offices.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about pursuing original stories
- Adept in producing breaking news that is accurate and timely
- A great communicator
- Interested in quality journalism on all platforms, digital and beyond
- Self-starting and ambitious to progress
- A team player who enjoys a work environment where courtesy, professionalism and common decency are paramount
This staff position requires applicant to have:
- At least two years’ experience of news reporting at a national level
- A journalism degree or similar suitable qualification
- Experience of working with a CMS or similar digital publishing platform
- An understanding and appreciation of the latest digital newsgathering and storytelling techniques, including verification of social media content and production of basic audio and video content
If this brief has your name all over it, we would love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, along with your CV, for the attention of The Editor, TheJournal.ie to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 10 August 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview within a week - we may not be able to respond at length to unsuccessful applicants, depending on volume of submissions.