Journal Media is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager passionate about having a real impact in news publishing.
This is a strategic role that delivers business outcomes by leveraging our significant audiences with editorial products our readers love and want to support.
The successful candidate will work as part of the management team and report directly to the CEO.
About Journal Media
We have been at the forefront of digital news in Ireland for a decade as an independent online-only publisher.
We focus on delivering valuable journalism to equip our audience with quality information that helps them make good decisions for their lives and their communities.
We believe that simple products can be the most impactful; that good information is good business; and that openness and inclusivity drive innovation and progress.
We publish three titles:
TheJournal is one of the main sources of news in Ireland, informing an audience of over half a million people every day with quality independent information.
https://www.the42.ie/ is a leading sports publication followed by hundreds of thousands of fans for its insights, analysis and sports writing.
Noteworthy is a crowdsourcing and crowdfunding platform for investigative journalism that shines a light into important issues underrepresented in news by teaming up reporters with members of the public.
About the role
Over the last two years we have developed readers’ financial support through membership, crowdfunding investigation and donations that keep news accessible for all.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to develop reader products and shape our offering in such a way that compels readers to invest. Driving supporters' interest in this way is a hot topic across the news, marketing and tech industry and this role presents a unique opportunity for someone to really make a name for themselves.
The Marketing Manager will develop the respective propositions that compel readers to subscribe, support and enjoy our offering. This will involve guiding how the offering is best represented in the relevant publications as well as ensuring we are reaching our readers with the right message at the right time. The marketing manager must communicate, market and help shape our readers’ revenue programmes.
This is a key role that requires working across teams, promoting our titles’ missions and creating a real impact for the business.
- You have a minimum of 5 years digital marketing experience
- You are proficient in digital marketing and advertising tools
- You are a team player and great communicator
- You have experience directing great ad creatives and creating meaningful copy
- You focus on users and obsess over how they relate to products
- You love to understand the user through research and data analysis
- You have a good understanding of product development and design processes
- You aim to make a significant impact on the growth of the business
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on some of Ireland's most popular news brands and make a significant individual contribution to the success of the company and the future of news.
- The ability to work remotely, from a great central location in Dublin city centre or a mix of both.
- An attractive remuneration package.
- A fun, supportive and flexible working environment
If you feel you could make a difference in this role, please send a CV, along with a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit, to [email protected] with the subject: Readers’ Products Marketing Manager.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 13 May 2022.