The42.ie is Ireland’s leading digital sports publication, bringing more than 100,000 passionate Irish sports fans the stories that matter every day through a unique mix of breaking news, analysis and longform sportswriting.
The42 is currently seeking an experienced journalist to join our award-winning team as a staff writer.
We’re looking for an outstanding writer who has a passion for GAA, an in-depth knowledge of Gaelic games at all levels, and an ability to consistently produce must-read, agenda-setting work on the biggest stories of the day.
- Producing insightful features and unmissable analysis on GAA
- Breaking and reporting original GAA news stories
- Delivering interesting, engaging match coverage on deadline
- Helping to develop and maintain a distinctive voice for The42’s GAA coverage
- Contributing to podcasts, videos, live events, and other non-written projects
- Working within our team to ensure consistently high coverage and standards across all sports
The successful candidate will:
- Have a clear passion for GAA, as well as interest in a diverse range of sports in Ireland and further afield
- Have excellent news judgement to identify key GAA stories and creative approaches to covering them
- Have a strong network of contacts across all levels of the GAA
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced newsroom and delivering quality work to meet deadlines
Working with Journal Media
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic team in a young company, which in just over a decade has grown to challenge legacy publishers operating for more than a century. The role is a hybrid one with the freedom to move between home and our offices in a great central location in Dublin city centre.
We offer an attractive remuneration package (commensurate with experience) and a fun, supportive and flexible working environment.
We want to meet the outstanding candidate who will help to shape and drive the next phase of our GAA coverage through their work.
Please apply by email, sending a cover letter and up-to-date CV to [email protected] with Application: The42 Staff Writer in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 10 February. Salary will be commensurate with experience.