THEJOURNAL.IE, one of Ireland’s most-read online news publications, is seeking an experienced journalist to fill the role of Editor.
The post requires an individual who is evangelical about excellence in journalism, excited by the storytelling opportunities afforded by digital platforms and ambitious to further develop TheJournal.ie’s prominence and importance in the Irish news market.
The role of Editor of TheJournal.ie involves
Developing and implementing editorial strategy with the Managing Editor;
Upholding core journalistic standards expected by the publication’s loyal user base;
Leading all aspects of production of agenda-setting news content, from ideation to publication;
Managing and motivating staff towards delivering individual and team objectives;
Commissioning and editing freelance work and staff output;
Representing TheJournal.ie brand and core values on a public level and within media, political, commercial and legal spheres.
The successful candidate will have
- At least 5 years’ experience in a national newsroom in a leadership role;
- A track record of commissioning and editing journalism across a number of genres, including news, features, opinion;
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary teams;
- Competency and confidence in the use of online resources for creating outstanding journalism, and in liaising with producers of video, pictorial and data journalism;
- Knowledge and experience of Ireland’s legal framework around defamation, publishing and copyright.
Candidates should send a cover letter outlining their suitability for this high-profile role, as well as a recent and relevant CV, to [email protected] - with the subject marked ‘Editor role, TheJournal.ie’ - by midnight, 21 July 2019.
Journal Media Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.