The Journal continues to grow as one of the most used and trusted sources of news in Ireland and is now looking to hire a News Reporter to join our growing team.
We’re looking for someone with a love for news who will relish telling the stories of the day that matter to our 450,000 daily readers.
The role will entail
- Producing regular news stories
- Responding to major breaking news items
- Sourcing and breaking original stories
- Attending press conferences, briefings and other news events
The successful candidate will
- Be an excellent general news reporter
- Communicate with excellent and accessible writing skills
- Identify key stories and angles to interest The Journal’s audience
- Be passionate about news-gathering and presenting stories to digital audiences
- Have a network of contacts and sources across a range of areas of Irish life
- Be a self-starter who can work well with editorial desk
- Preferably have a full driving licence
Please apply by email with a cover letter and up-to-date CV to [email protected] with Application: News Reporter in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is midnight on 26 February 2023.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- At least two years’ experience in a news journalism role
- Excellent contacts across various sectors
- Excellent news judgement
- Comfort with and expertise in the production of online content
- Knowledge and experience of Ireland’s legal framework around defamation, publishing and copyright