Noteworthy, the new investigative journalism platform from TheJournal.ie, has an exciting opportunity for an investigative reporter to join its growing team.
The role requires a highly-motivated, driven individual with a track record in breaking original stories of regional and national importance.
The successful candidate will be required to source and shape leads and ideas into journalistic projects, pursue stories diligently and deliver impactful work on deadline.
This role is a fixed-term contract for an initial term of one year.
Applicants should have:
- A portfolio of work that showcases their ability to break exclusive news stories
- Experience in collating, analysing and presenting data-driven journalism
- Excellent writing skills that can communicate complex narratives to our news-savvy audience
- A toolkit of research and factchecking skills, both digital and traditional
- An ability to juggle short-term and medium-term investigative projects
- A relevant third-level qualification and at least 5 years of experience in news journalism
Applications should include a CV with relevant experience, examples of investigative work (link or PDF only, please), and a short letter which addresses your suitability for the advertised role.
Please mark ‘Investigative reporter, Noteworthy.ie’ in the subject line and email to [email protected].
Closing date for applications is Friday, 16th August 2019.