The42.ie is Ireland’s leading digital sports publication, bringing more than 100,000 passionate Irish sports fans the stories that matter every day through a unique mix of breaking news, analysis and longform sportswriting.
The42 Membership, which is a premium paid experience, empowers Irish fans to see sports differently with exclusive writing, in-depth analysis, podcasts and videos from our award-winning team. They get a deeper appreciation of their favourite sports in an engaged community of experts, coaches, athletes and passionate fans.
The42 is currently seeking applications for the position of Membership Editor.
The42 Membership Editor is a senior editorial role with responsibility for leading the team in delivering fresh perspectives, unique insights and exclusive analysis for our members in written, audio and video forms.
- Leading the team in the production and distribution of insightful analysis, remarkable sports stories and unmissable podcasts for our members
- Developing and implementing a strategy to grow our membership audience in collaboration with The42 Editor
- Identifying and planning new opportunities for membership content and formats
- Driving the distribution and promotion of membership through advertising and social media channels
- Engaging with our membership community to ensure the best possible experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for a diverse range of sports in Ireland and further afield
- Be a proven leader with newsroom experience in an editorial or senior journalist role
- Have a track record in producing must-read journalism
- Have a strong knowledge of digital media, platforms, and audience growth strategies
We want to meet the outstanding candidate who is going to drive the growth and evolution of the next phase of The42 Membership.
Please send an up-to-date CV, as well as a cover letter outlining your vision for the role, to [email protected] with Application: The42 Membership Editor in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 20 June. Salary will be commensurate with experience.